Exercise Areas For Dogs
All year round exercise beach
– Dogs are allowed at any time, not necessarily on a lead, but must be under the effective control of the person in charge of the dog.
Restricted during summer – During December, January and February dogs are allowed in this area only before 10:00 am and after 6:00 pm. This is in consideration of people using the popular swimming beach in the main summer period.
Dogs prohibited – Dogs are prohibited at all times (to ensure protection of wildlife and native habitats in the National Park).Please note that the beach east of the submarine pipe navigation markers and right down to low tide mark is within the Rocky Cape National Park.
For Full details of the dog regulations and other information or complaints contact Wynyard Waratah Council www.warwyn.tas.gov.au
Sisters Beach General Store and Bottle Shop
Open 7 days a week
7:30am – 7pm
Telephone: (03) 6445 1147
- Post Office
- Grocery Items
- Coffee/Pizza/Hot Food
- Parks Passes
Play Equipment / Picnic Area
There are 2 children’s playgrounds both situated near the creek carpark. Electric BBQ’s complete with shelter are provided for visitors.
There is an AED/Defibrillator located at the Sisters Beach Shop for public use in an emergency. They can save lives. The AED unit is very easy to use and will give audible instructions when opened. Click here to watch training video.
An excellent boat ramp, which was built by local volunteers, is accessible at all tides. The Boat Ramp is situated at the western end of Irby Boulevard and is well sign posted.
Public toilets are situated at the Creek car park area.
Rubbish & Recycling
The Council provides weekly kerb-side domestic garbage and recycling collection service. Garbage is collected every Monday with recycling every second Monday.
There is a waste transfer station on the western end of Goldie Street, Wynyard which is open 7 days a week from 9:00am – 5:00 pm.
- Emergencies : Fire/Police/Ambulance: 000
- Tasmanian Fire Service : 1800 000 699; www.fire.tas.gov.au
- State Emergency Service , North West Region : 6434 5333
- Wynyard Police : 6434 5311
- Crime Stoppers : 1800 333 000
- Non urgent police assistance : 131 444
- Waratah Wynyard Council : 6443 8333; email@example.com
- Parks & Wildlife Service : North West regional office 6429 8719;
- Smithton Field Centre 6452 4998; www.parks.tas.gov.au
- Cradle Coast NRM: 6431 6285; firstname.lastname@example.org; www.cradlecoastnrm.com
- Department of Primary Industries, Parks, Water & the Environment (DPIPWE): 1300 368 550; www.dpiw.tas.gov.au
- Regional Water Management Officer : 6434 5427
- Recreational Sea Fishing Information Line : 6233 7042; email@example.com
- Recreational fishing Licences : 1300 720 647
- Boating Weather : 6498 7755; Bureau of Meterology: http://bom.gov.au/weather/
- Whale Hotline : 0427 942 537
- North West Wildlife Rescue : 6443 4251 or 0428644342
- Wynyard Vet : 7 day week phone service 6442 4242